Canon, a world leader in office imaging systems, ink-jet technology, and digital photography presents a breakthrough in professional large format printing solutions. The imagePROGRAF W8400 printer is a large format printing solution for office, photo, and graphic art professionals. Utilizing a pigment based six plus one ink system (interchangeable matte black), a 4-picoliter ink droplet size, and 2400 x 1200 resolution, the imagePROGRAF W8400 produces exceptional quality output.
The imagePROGRAF W8400 includes the tools needed to easily Create, Process & Print high quality professional large format output. PosterArtist, one of the many software programs that come with the printer, provides users an intuitive template based poster creation software for any level of skill user. Print complex PostScript graphic files with Canon's PhotoPRINT¿ Select, a genuine Adobe® PostScript® 3¿ RIP that includes a Pantone¿ color library. A wide variety of media is available for applications including posters, banners, backlit displays, photographs, fine art reproductions and much more.
Outstanding quality, fast print speeds and included software programs are what make the imagePROGRAF W8400 a breakthrough solution in large format printing.
- Pigment Ink - light fastness of the print sample is 70 years under glass.
- Interchangeable Black Ink - 2 black inks, one is regular black ink, the other is a newly developed matte black ink.
- Media thickness up to 0.8mm (31.4 mil/pts)
- Remaining Media Length Detection - keeps track of how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected, print head cleaning cycle is automatically detected.
- Borderless Printing - 4 sided edge to edge printing
- ICC Profile Color Correction - allows user to use custom ICC media (output) profile for precise color matching.
- Exceptional Color Gamut - the enhanced yellow ink will allow for more vivid reds and yellows.