Now, you can print beautiful, long-lasting photos and laser-quality text. The included Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology (DCGPT) ensures copies will be true to your original's images and text. And scan photos, family recipes, even thick notebooks. Two paper trays let you keep plain and photo paper ready for printing. The 1.9" color LCD display lets you view and enhance images for better results. You can even print direct from compatible memory cards,1 digital cameras, Bluetooth devices,2 and camera phones!
- High Resolution: Precision ink nozzles create high resolution photos—up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi.4
- Fine detail: Microscopic 2-picoliter sized ink droplets produce finely detailed photos.
- Preview, then print: Before printing, preview and fine tune your images using the LCD display.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready Digital Camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print!
- Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed!1
- Snap and print, wirelessly: Print wirelessly right from your infrared-enabled mobile camera phone!3
- Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optinal USB Bluetooth adapter.2
- High-quality scans: Produce impressive scans up to 1200 x 2400 dpi with vibrant 48-bit color depth.
- Smart copying: Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology automatically optimzes copy quality based on the type of originals you are copying.
1. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash®, MicroDrive, SmartMedia®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card, and MultimediaCard®v.3.31, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, RS-MMC, v. 3.31, and miniSD, Card requires an additional adapter which must be purchased separately.
2. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
3. JPEG files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
4. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
5. PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. CPM copy speeds are based on fast mode setting using plain paper. Copy speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.