The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9000 takes large format color production to the next level. With the iPF9000, Canon delivers impressive 60" full-bleed color output, strength in paper handling and speed in output-everything a professional needs to productively and efficiently create enhanced color materials. The iPF9000 printer is designed to fulfill the needs of any digital artist looking to create captivating images from capture to output. The 12-color pigment ink system was designed to expand the spectrum of color for environments from photography to design, to take advantage of within their output. The iPF9000 incorporates the new 12-color pigment ink system with LUCIAâ¿¢ inks, and the new L-COA controller, which intelligently processes the data directing the rapid printing process. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry (as of May 2006), the L-COA controller helps achieve print speeds of under three minutes for 16.5" x 23.4" (A2) size prints with 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution on a glossy photo paper. The iPF9000 has the tools that address the needs of the Graphic Arts market, focusing on the photographic, fine art, proofing and poster sign markets.
Its built-in features put the power to produce at your fingertips. Designed for reliability, simplicity, and above all quality, the iPF9000 is the professional's answer for superior quality prints. Canon has created a way in which breathtaking large quality prints can be created right out-of-the-box, with software that is just as innovative as the printer itself, such as PosterArtist, Digital Photo Print Pro, and Print Plug-in for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ®.
- 12-Color Pigment Ink System - New LUCIA inks expand the range of color reproduction by providing a wide color gamut.
- Automatic Switching Between Black Inks - utilizes automatic switching between Regular Black and Matte Black Ink, helping to eliminate wasted ink and time of swapping out ink tanks.
- New Print Head System - dual print head system with a total of 30,720 nozzles.
- Efficiency & Speed - The iPF9000's built-in 40 GB HDD processes jobs fast, and maintains productivity and enables easy unmanned printing.
- Borderless Printing - 4-sided edge to edge printing, only with roll media.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected; print head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF9000 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.