This versatile machine is a photo-printing powerhouse. Its patented print head technology and six ink tanks produce beautiful, long-lasting prints with startling color and detail. The extra-large 3.5" color LCD viewer lets you enhance images before printing, and advanced paper handling increases your productivity. Plus, you can print from your computer, compatible memory cards1, cameras, Bluetooth devices2, even camera phones!
- Exceptional resolution—3,072 precision nozzles create exceptional resolution - up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi.3 More nozzles = high quality.
- Exceptional Detail: Microscopic 1-picoliter sized ink droplets produce exceptionally detailed photos.
- Preview, then print: Before printing, preview and fine tune your images using the 3.5" color LCD display.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print!
- Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed!1
- Snap and print, wirelessly: Print wirelessly right from your infrared-enabled mobile camera phone!4
- Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optional USB Bluetooth adapter.2
- Print 2 sided: Print 2 sided and save paper.
- Life-like colors: Two high-intensity photo inks plus four conventional inks equals precise, life-like color values.
- Faster data: The USB 2.0 interface enables the fastest possible image transfers5.
1. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash®, MicroDrive, SmartMedia®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro¿, SD Card¿ and MultimediaCard® v.3.31 xD-Picture Card¿, Memory Stick Duo¿, Memory Stick Duo Pro¿, RS-MMC¿ v.3.31 and miniSD¿ Card require an additional adapter which must be purchased separately.
2. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals,locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
3. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
4. JPEG files 3 MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
5. USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v.10.2 to 10.2.6 operating systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.
6. PPM print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy Paper. Print Speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.