Want to print great photos, yet keep things simple? This is the perfect machine. Its patented print head technology and six ink colors produce beautiful, long-lasting photos with vivid color and detail. Plus, you can print photos directly from compatible memory cards1 and digital cameras â€” with automatic adjustments for face brightening and red-eye, as needed â€” and even from Bluetooth devices2 using our optional adapter.
- High resolution: Precision nozzles create exceptional resolution - up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi.3
- Fine detail: Microscopic 2-picoliter sized ink droplets produce finely detailed photos.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print!
- Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed!1
- Snap and print, wirelessly: Print wirelessly right from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile camera phone!
- Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optional USB Bluetooth adapter.2
- Long-lasting photos: Using select genuine Canon inks and photo papers, you can create beautiful photos that last up to 100 years.4
- Faster data: The USB 2.0 interface enables the fastest possible image transfers.5
1. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlashÂ®, MicroDrive, SmartMediaÂ®, Memory StickÂ®, Memory Stick Proâ¿¢, SD Cardâ¿¢ and MultimediaCardÂ® v.3.31, xD-Picture Cardâ¿¢, Memory Stick Duoâ¿¢, Memory Stick Duo Proâ¿¢, RS-MMCâ¿¢ v.3.31 and miniSDâ¿¢ Card require an additional adapter which must be purchased separately.
2. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
3. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
4. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
5. USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v.10.2 to 10.2.6 operating systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.
6. PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
7. Specifications are subject to change without notice. All viewscreen and printer output images are simulated.
8. System requirements vary by application.