Incredible resolution and ease of use.
The PIXMA iP4200 Photo Printer is a high-performance machine, combining exceptional print quality with advanced convenience features. It delivers a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi1, for amazing detail and clarity. To achieve this, Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance 1,856-nozzle print head that ejects precise, consistent droplets as small as 1 picoliter, resulting in beautiful photos with virtually no detectable grain.
Also, the ContrastPLUS 5-color ink system - four dye-based inks and a pigment-based black ink - produces true-life photos with a wide color palette, along with laser-quality text. You'll be amazed at your results.
High performance doesn't stop there. The PIXMA iP4200 Photo Printer can produce a photo lab quality 4" x 6" borderless print in about 51 seconds2. Its USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface enables the fastest photo transfers possible from your computer3.
Advanced paper handling and direct photo printing is built-in.
With a dual paper path, you can keep photo paper stored in one tray and plain paper in another. You're always ready to print - no paper switching required. Plus, you can print 2 sided to help save on paper costs. And with direct photo printing, you simply connect any PictBridge compatible digital camera or DV camcorder, and print! This PC-free process saves you time and eliminates the need to be tied to your computer.
A system for long-lasting photos.
The Canon ChromaLife100 system combines the PIXMA iP4200 Photo Printer's FINE print head technology and newly developed inks with select Canon photo papers, with results rivaling that of conventional photos. These beautiful photos will also last up to 100 years when stored in an archival quality photo album4. And with the new smart LED ink, your LED lamp flashes when ink is running low, and flashes even faster when nearing empty. When you install a new ink tank this smart LED system will even glow to let you know if its not properly installed, making it an ease to use.
- Maximum 9600 x 2400 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 1 picoliter
- FINE printhead technology for impressive speed and photo quality
- ChromaLife100 system for long lasting, beautiful photos
- Borderless 4"x 6" photo in approx. 51 seconds
- Built-in 2 sided printing and second paper tray for convenient paper selection
- PictBridge ready - just connect and print!
1) Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
2) PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode. Photo print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. Print speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
3) USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v. 10.2 to 10.2.6 operating systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.
4) Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.