Beautiful photos and documents, right at home.
The Canon PIXMA iP1600 Photo Printer is versatile and simple to use. Its new slanted design will look great on your desk. And you'll be amazed at the high-quality photos and documents you can print.
What's the key to its impressive performance? Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses an innovative print head with 1,472 nozzles that eject consistent, precise ink droplets as small as 2 picoliters. It's simple: more nozzles with higher accuracy equal amazing results - and Canon has got it down to a science. This patented technology produces an outstanding color resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi1, for exceptional detail and photo-realism.
To further enhance printing quality, the PIXMA iP1600 Photo Printer uses high-intensity ChromaLife100 color inks for vivid photos and graphics. Plus, its special pigment black ink delivers laser-like text - along with a higher resistance to smudging when you're handling or highlighting a printed document. And what about speed? This nocompromise printer is especially fast, capable of producing a 4" x 6" photo lab quality borderless photo in approximately 70 seconds2.
Canon software makes it easy.
The included Easy-WebPrint software enables Windows® users to properly print web pages in full color and without losing information off the right edge. Plus, Easy-PhotoPrint version 3.3 software delivers professional-looking digital photos in 4" x 6", 5" x 7" and 8.5" x 11" sizes perfect for framing and sending to family and friends. Together, these Canon applications give you the great results you expect. It's easy to produce brilliant edge-to-edge borderless photos.
A system for long-lasting photos.
The Canon ChromaLife100 system combines the PIXMA iP1600 Photo Printer's FINE print head technology and newly developed inks with select Canon photo papers, with results rivaling that of conventional photos. These beautiful photos will also last up to 100 years when stored in an archival quality photo album3.
- FINE cartridge for impressive photo quality
- Maximum 4800 x 1200 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 2 picoliters
- ChromaLife100 system for long lasting, beautiful photos
- Borderless 4"x 6" photo in approx. 70 seconds
- New pigment black ink with improved smudge & highlighter resistance
1) Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
2) PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode. Photo print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. Print speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
3) Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.