Hit an ever-moving target audience
Students move quickly, but information can move even faster. Place the MP 2554SP TE in libraries, student centers, computer labs and other frequently used common areas so instructors and students can share information in their preferred digital formats at their own convenience.
Soar free in the cloud
Give students and faculty access to handwritten notes, equations and other classroom documents with the swipe of a finger. They can scan hard-copy documents to your choice of optional cloud applications - such as Blackboard® Learn or another campus learning management system (LMS) - in a single step directly from the MFP. With the optional software, they can grab digitized notes at any time from any web-enabled desktop, smartphone or tablet.
Add convenience, ditch unnecessary costs
Choose the MP 2554SP TE for full multifunction performance for a fraction of the cost. You can produce up to 25 black-and-white pages per minute (ppm), making it ideal for low-volume print environments. Print everyday notes, handouts, instructions and other documents and share them with the speed and convenience you want.
Lock down your freedom
Take advantage of specially designed security features to encourage responsible print behavior. Help prevent paper theft with a built-in lock on the paper trays. The bypass tray is sealed to prevent users from using non-standard paper stocks that cause paper jams. Use optional fixed brackets to keep your integrated ID card reader and/or keyboard (for scanning solutions) in place to help prevent unauthorized access to print controls.
Track users, assign costs
Find out who's using the MFP — and who's paying for it — with optional tracking software to capture critical data about every authenticated user. Student billing information is imported automatically, so you can issue accurate chargebacks to students, faculty and departments. In fact, you can auto-schedule reports and get them directly in an email for faster, easier billing with fewer steps and errors.
Perform everyday tasks every which way*
Users can consolidate tasks and managing important information with ease from this all-in-one device. Teachers and students can scan documents, even hand-written classroom notes, with amazing clarity and brilliant color — and take advantage of scan-to features to share them instantly. The digital faxing option reduces paper costs, confusion and delays.
Print when you want, where you are
Users can print directly from your LMS from anywhere by sending print jobs to the MFP queue using their desktop, smartphone or tablet. They'll receive a security code for releasing them only after they reach the device.
Be aware of your environment
Add convenience for users, without expanding your budget. Set specific times for the MFP to power on and power off to reduce energy costs. Take advantage of low typical electricity consumption (TEC) values, an EPEAT™ Gold rating and an ENERGY STAR™ certification to curb excess costs when in use.
- One-Dimensional Solid Scanning Through CCD
- 151 lbs., 68.5 kg
- Single Laser Beam Scanning & Electrophotographic Printing
- Auto Paper Select, Auto Tray Switch, Booklet/Magazine Copy, Center/Border Erase, Chapters, Combine Mode, Cover Insertion, Document Server (3,000 File Capacity), Duplex, Electronic/Rotate Sorting, Full-Color VGA Touch Screen Control Panel, ID Card Copy, 8 Job Presets, 25 Job Programs, Negative/Positive, OHP Slip Sheet, Sample Copy, Series Copy, Simple Screen, 1,000 User Codes, User Stamps
Dimensions (WxDxH) (includes ARDF)
- 23.1" x 26.8" x 35.9" (includes ARDF) (587 x 680 x 913 mm)
- **Typical electricity consumption by ENERGY STAR program
PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
- Standard: 10Base-T/100/1000BaseTX Ethernet, USB2.0 (2 ports on back of device, 1 port on Operation Panel), SD slot on Operation Panel, USB2.0 Type A, USB2.0 Type B, & SD Card Slot Optional: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, USB Device Server (second NIC), & IEEE 1284 Parallel
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX*
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista/7/8/XP, Windows Server 2003/2003R2/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2; Netware* 6.5 or later, Unix Filters for Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO OpenServer, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, Mac OS X 10.6 or later, SAP R/3, NDPS Gateway, IBM iSeries/AS/400® using OS/400 Host Print Transform, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5/Citrix Xen App 5.0, 6.0, 6.5
Device Management Utilities
- Web Image Monitor, Embedded @Remote, @Remote Office Appliance, @Remote Enterprise Pro, Device Manager NX Lite and Accounting, Device Manager NX Pro and Enterprise