For versatility and incredible photo-printing speed, here's your machine. You can print a superb borderless 4" x 6" photo in approximately 21 seconds.1 Copy documents using the included Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology (DCGPT) for results that are faithful to your originals. Scan photos and 35mm negatives and mounted slides with up to 4800 x 4800 color dpi results. Its new Easy-ScrollWheelmakes operation so much easier, and the new 3" TFT display lets you preview images in high definition before printing. You can even print directly from compatible memory cards,2 digital cameras, Bluetooth devices,3 and camera phones!4
- Exceptional resolution: 4,608 precision nozzles create exceptional resolutionâ€”up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi.5 More nozzles = high quality.
- Exceptional detail: Microscopic 1-picoliter sized ink droplets produce exceptionally detailed photos.
- Bigger, sharper previews: The 3" high definition TFT display delivers, sharp previews of your images, viewable from up to a 170-degree angle.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/dv camcorder, then connect and print!
- Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed!2
- Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optional USB Bluetooth adapter.3
- Print 2 sided: Print or copy 2 sidedâ€”and save paper.
- Exceptional scanning: High-resolution CCD technology delivers exceptional scans up to 4800 dpi with vibrant 48-bit color depth.
- From film to prints: Make reprints directly from film, without using your computer!
- Smart Copying: Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology automatically optimizes copy quality based on the type of originals you are copying.
1. PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. CPM copy speeds are based on fast mode setting using plain paper. Copy speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.2. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlashÂ®, MicroDrive, SmartMediaÂ®, Memory StickÂ®, Memory Stick ProTM, SD CardTM, and MultimediaCardÂ®v.3.31, xD-Picture CardTM, Memory Stick DuoTM, Memory Stick Pro DuoTM, RS-MMCTM v. 3.31, and miniSDTM Card requires an additional adapter which must be purchased separately.
3. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
4. JPEG files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
5. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.