Think of it: With one machine, you can print beautiful, long-lasting photos and laser-quality text. Copy important documents with results that are more faithful to your originals. And scan photos or forms, even thick notebooks. The 1.9" color LCD display lets you enhance images before you print for better pictures. Plus, you can print from your computer, or direct from memory cards1, cameras, Bluetooth devices2, even camera phones!
- High resolution: Precision ink nozzles create high resolution photos¿up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi.3
- Fine detail: Microscopic 2-picoliter sized ink droplets produce finely detailed photos.
- Preview, then print: Before printing, preview and fine tune your images using the 1.9" color LCD display.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print!
- Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed!1
- Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optional USB Bluetooth adapter.2
- Snap and print, wirelessly: Print wirelessly right from your infrared-enabled mobile camera phone!4
- High-quality scans: Produce impressive scans up to 1200-dpi, with vibrant 48-bit color depth.
- Faster data: The USB 2.0 interface enables the fastest possible image transfers and scanning speeds.5
- Smart copying: Dual Color Gamut Technology ensures quality is automatically optimized based on the type of originals you are copying.
1. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash®, MicroDrive, SmartMedia®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card, and MultimediaCard®v. 3.31, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Duo Pro, RS-MMC v. 3.31, and miniSD Card requires an additional adapter which must be purchased separately.
2. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software being used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, location where radio interference occurs, magnetic field from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
3. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
4. JPEG files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
5. USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v.10.2 to 10.2.6 operating systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.
6. PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. CPM copy speeds are based on fast mode setting using plain paper. Copy speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage