Canon has set a new standard in the way digital prints are produced with the all-new next generation pigment ink imagePROGRAF iPF5000 17" printer. The iPF5000 printer is designed to satisfy the most critical printing needs of all types of digital artists. This extraordinary printer ties in the new LUCIA pigment ink with innovative hardware to produce brilliant eye-catching output that's ready in minutes. The 12 color pigment ink system provides superior color stability and print longevity while dramatically expanding the color gamut. With the combination of the two gray and two black inks, the iPF5000 produces crisp, neutral monochrome output. The new L-COA print controller intelligently processes print data and directs the two high-precision, high-density (30,720 nozzles) print heads to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Along with the printer's unique ability to print in unprecedented quality and speed is the multiple media handling options and software suite, which make the iPF5000 the ideal solution for all types of professionals. Stunning quality prints can be created right out-of-the-box, with software that is just as innovative as the printer itself, such as PosterArtist, Digital Photo Print Pro, Print Plug-in for Digital Photo Professional and Print Plug-in for Adobe¿ Photoshop¿.
- 12 Color Pigment Ink System - New LUCIA inks expand the range of color reproduction by providing a wide color gamut.
- Automatic Switching Between Black Inks - utilizes automatic switching between Regular Black and Matte Black Ink, eliminating wasted ink and time of swapping out ink tanks.
- New Print Head System - dual print head system with a total of 30,720 nozzles.
- Multiple Media Options - standard media cassette tray, a rear manual feed, a front straight path manual feed and an optional roll feed unit for printing long length output.
- Borderless Printing - 4 sided edge to edge printing, only with roll media.
Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected; print head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF5000 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.